Monday, August 17, 2015

Over the River

I love getting boxes in the mail!  Except when my husband intercepts them.  Lucky for me my mailman always arrives late in the afternoon or early evening after my husband has already come home from work.  Today he was in the office and he heard the doorbell ring.  In he comes lugging the box and said, "Its heavy, how many did you order?"  I actually was pretty good I only had two large jars and two medium jars. 


I've heard from several sources that Brandy Pear Tart is a big winner so I decided to order one.  The one I received had rivulets of oil running around on top so I'm pretty sure that one will have a good throw like the other's have said. 


I also got another Lake Sunset.  That one is one of my all time favorites.  Have I said that yet?  I always like to have a back up... or two.  Or three.


For the small jars I got two fall scents; Patchouli and Harvest Welcome.  It's about time I've gotten a Patchouli.  I did a tart of that one years and years ago and my husband thought it was disgusting and told me in three different ways how much he didn't like it.  So every time I saw it at the store and every time I picked up a Witch's Brew I put it back down because I just couldn't rationalize buying a jar when 50% of us wouldn't like it.  I finally bit the bullet this past sale.  I will just have to burn it during the day when he's at work.  My daughter (Miss M) loves it though and said it falls in the category of those fall scents that define her childhood and make her happy.


Harvest Welcome was a knee jerk reaction to a good sale price and a huge recommendation from several people on my YC Facebook group.  I saw it offered for cheap online and decided to pick it up.  It smells good so I know I will like it.



What am I burning today?


In the living room and kitchen I have had my scentcup of Crisp Morning Air going all day.  This is at least the fourth time I've had it going for the entire day so I would say I have gotten at least 36 hours melt time out of one cup, maybe 48 if I've gone for twelve hours each time.  It might smell a bit lighter but I really can't tell yet.  I'm sure I will get another full melt out of it.  Definitely worth the money. 


Tonight I'm feeling a bit under the weather.  I think I'm getting a cold, so I needed something calm and mellow.  I finally chose Over The River.  It's such a nice scent.  Perfumey and cologney. I love them both. With a  water note and maybe a bit of a lily note thrown in.  I can't tell you how many times I picked up this candle and put it back down on the shelf instead of buying it because I felt the throw would be too weak.  I finally took the plunge and picked up a medium jar during some sale this year and I'm so glad I did.  It has a much better throw that I ever thought it would.  The tart is good and the jar is good too.  I usually light my candles on the table right next to my chair that I like to sit my hump in whenever I'm being lazy (most days) so I get the best throw when I'm right next to it.  I've found that I just get frustrated when I'm sitting across the room from a lit candle so I've learned to sit right next to them.  Sometimes they fill up the room, sometimes they don't.  So I find that I'm generally happy if I can smell them from my chair at least.  The first time I tried my medium jar I enjoyed it so much that I bought a large jar the next time I found it available online.


I kid you not when I say that I had the OTR lit ten minutes when my husband walked in with my box of new Yankees.  *sigh*  Tomorrow I will try the Patchouli (when my husband is at work) and the Brandy Pear Tart in the evening.  I can't wait! I will review both tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment