Monday, August 17, 2015

Beachwood

Tonight I'm having a good go at Beachwood.

All day I've been burning a two wick tumbler of Lake Sunset and I enjoyed every whiff of it.  Two wick tumblers are good to burn if you don't have a lot of time. They pool quickly and they churn out a good deal of scent, whereas large jars take up to four hours to create a full pool and even more if you want a deep pool. I lit my two wick tumbler of Lake Sunset today because I love it's peaceful, sweet and powdery scent.  Plus I thought I would have to blow it out after an hour or two this morning because I would finally be called to sign my contract for the school that I will be working at.  No such luck, so I enjoyed it well into the late afternoon and finally blew it out before I left to take Miss M to her band practice.

When I got home I quickly switched gears to light Beachwood.  I've had my eye on this candle for quite some time now and I finally decided that I should pick one up before they are no longer available. You can't get them in the YC store any more and they don't have them available online at the website either so I bought one with a coupon at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I was a bit hesitant to buy one because none of the candles on the shelf had any marbling or showed any signs of oils and the surface of the candle was quite dry.  Sometimes you can run your finger across the top of the wax and it will get slicked up in the oils on the surface.  I didn't find this to be the case with this candle. It was quite dry.  I thought I might be getting one of those candles that had no throw at all.  I'm glad I ended up getting it though because after several hours of burning, it's developed a really beautiful and deep pool and it has a wonderfully sweet, earthy and clean throw.  It almost has a sweet laundry scent like Clean Cotton but much sweeter and more subtle. It fits in very nicely with the rest of the summer candles of 2015; Beach Holiday, Beachwalk, Windblown and Wild Sea Grass.  Beachwood  has a good throw.  Much better than Beachwalk or Windblown.  Wild Sea Grass is my favorite scent-wise but Beach Holiday has the strongest throw.

In about a month my summer burning will end and I will start focusing on my fall scented candles for October and November and then in December I will burn my Christmas candles.  I can see pulling out my beachy candles in January to remember how much I have enjoyed burning them this summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment